Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Anticipation and Reflection

I find myself like the Heinz Catsup commercial of the past:




Slowly waiting for my departure from Cornucopia to Qatar.  Yet unlike the commercial of yesterday, my days are not spent waiting for the catsup to drop.  I know the bottle is tilted and eventually the time will come, but the catsup in my circumstance represents all the little things I want to do before I leave.

This past Saturday, I attended the 10th annual Donut Fest my friends put on at the Port Wing Community Center. This year Charlotte sang a Katy Perry Song: Firework, I was the hired help and played the guitar.  It was amazing to see how my little girl has grown as she belted out the high notes with no fear on a stage overlooking over 100 people.



On Sunday, I barked the order that we were going to do something outside.  I wanted to see Hidden Falls during the winter; it could be a while between visits.  So we fried up some pancakes, brewed up some hot chocolate, loaded up Big Red with the sled, the dog, and all the family.  We hiked the three mile route and were rewarded with a spectacular view of the partially frozen falls.






Sometimes it takes a radical change to refresh your mind to the beauty and gifts that surround us on a daily basis.  I know for me Cornucopia in the winter, is the Chronicles of Narnia, the Lord of the Rings, and Winnie the Pooh all rolled into one.




No comments:

Post a Comment